Forums » General » Winter Predictions

Messages for Winter Predictions

Comment Posted by primetime Jan 25, 2008 08:33 AM

Anyone want to venture some guesses as to which teams will claim glory in each division this winter season?

Lets get the discussion going. Any thoughts...

Comment Posted by primetime Jan 25, 2008 08:40 AM

Also can someone clarify how may teams make the playoffs in each division with so many participants this season.

Thanks

Comment Posted by MBender Jan 25, 2008 08:59 AM

I'll comment about one prediction.....

I say - tonight the Hyenas lose their opener by 20. Nate Bach scores 2 TD's and Ben Bruce gets one safety oh and I run for at least TWO first downs.... ha ha ha (three out of 4 predictions might come true but that last one doesn't have a chance!)

Not exactly what your looking for but...

I think the top four teams per division make the playoffs.

Marty B
OC QB #18

Comment Posted by wiggum Jan 25, 2008 09:06 AM

My prediction:

The Div 5 Wanderers may not win a whole bunch of games, but we'll have the most fun & take more penalties than all the other teams combined.

Comment Posted by primetime Jan 25, 2008 09:52 AM

Wow,only 4 teams qualilfy for playoffs even with 15/16 teams in div 4 and 5. Could be tie breaker hell. Should be fun.

The Hyenas will win by 12, as I will have two scores and two picks myself; and Marty if you run any scores in tonight I will have the refs credit you for double the points as we will be so embarassed. Good luck tonight.

Ian

Comment Posted by primetime Jan 25, 2008 10:04 AM

As four the other divisions , now that the REAL Assasins put in a team the only real question is whether or not the Avengers still have there number indoor?

I see the Avenger Nation repeating as Div 2 champ.

Very competitive Div 3, too close to call. No one knows what to expect from the Titans.

Div 4, watch out for the new comers The Who Dats,talented 1 through the 6 spot, but do they have the indoor experience to fend off the vets?

No prediction for Div 5 as I know none of the teams,with 16 teams the championships up for grabs.

Good luck to all teams and lets up the chatter on predictions!

Comment Posted by primetime Jan 25, 2008 10:05 AM

Where are all the 2 on 2 teams? No better way to back up the trash talking then with an event like that.

Comment Posted by primetime Jan 25, 2008 10:05 AM

opps

Comment Posted by MBender Jan 26, 2008 04:21 AM

Well I was a bit off on my prediction, I suggested we would win by 20, turns out it was 30 and a shut out. Nate Bach did get his 2 TD's and Ben did get a few sacks....(no safety) I didn't get my two first downs but I did rush in for a TD oh and "Primetime" the next time you say " Marty if you run any scores in tonight I will have the refs credit you for double the points as we will be so embarassed." Make sure you run up to that Referee and demand those 12 points next time but the embarrassment was all over your face.

In closing I have to know when you call yourself Primetime, is that neon Dion in his prime or now that he is a washed up tv guy?? the reason I ask is because I saw Nate, Trevor and few other of my receivers get behind you on those deep balls there speedster so I am assuming it's because of the latter.... oh and glad to see you changed the little shorts....

remember this is all for Shits and giggles so don't get your panties in a bunch big guy!

Marty B
OC QB #18

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 26, 2008 04:48 AM

The "Jumbo Rumbler???," OK, should we be changin that to "Mighty Mart", like the old runing backfor the Bombers "MIghty Mite" Mack Herron?

Marty that scramble for a Touch down was superb. Not sure if you heard it but from the stands, but a "roar" went up when you made the ball fake and "sashayed" into the endzone.

Definitely, the Play of the Nite!"

30 - 0?

Ouch!! Damn those bright lites?

OC looking good!

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 26, 2008 04:58 AM

Hey how about the Spurs?

It looked like a team of Brett Favre's.

I'll never say a discouraging word about the worlds's youth again. The Spurs could make a case for reforming teenage stereotypes. (Is there such a thing?) Aren't those boys supposed to be staying outlate on streetcorners at 7-11 and skateboarding and....well you get mydrift.

First we have Shea's boys "TAK" (which is Tim and Kids) winning 5 th div in the Fall session, now we have the Gord Buchanan, Phil Chan, Tom Mc Mahon, Gary Trask led "Neww Spurs" hosting their sons with a 23 - 6 win over veteran rockers Puff, Puff, Pass.

Geez slow down, my neck was sore from watchin all those Tds.

Welcome to the league, and congratulations. I know it will probably be Friday before you can get out of bed and get to a computer to read this, but boy. I never saw such speed from the old boys!!! You boys been shopping for some of Cangene's HGH, they are just producin??? or what? :)
Congratulations! (Just ice baby, just ice it)

Comment Posted by beveridge02 Jan 26, 2008 08:41 AM

not so veteran at the qb position.. if ya know what im saying....

we still run the table... hopefully theres not four 5-0 teams!!

Comment Posted by primetime Jan 26, 2008 10:47 AM

Marty, Marty, Marty,

First off. CONGRATS! Great game out there. Anyone that says anything different simply wasn't watching the same game.

Trust me if I could get the refs to credit you 12 points I would, you certainly earned them on that play. Embarassment doesn't even come close to describing how smooth that was. Wish you would have tried that shit on my side of the field though, I would ahve cried for weeks.

As for getting my painties in a bunch, don't worry about that, I only take serious critisism from people who've won trophies. My thoughts are ,comming from only being in the league two years now is I think the only reason you haven't won is probably lack of talent. One or two guys just isn't enough come playoffs.

Just to clairify though, no one got behind me in that game, both times we were in a 1-3 with me playing center field, and I still almost got there. However I did pick you off twice and knock down two other sure scores. So i guess I missed my predictions as well. We got are asses handed to us by 30, so my two picks mean absolutely nothing.

Oh yeah its Deion not Dion and I only bring out the shorts for special occations. Nice to know its a cult classic though, I'll have to bring them out of retirement again.

Great to have someone to talk smack with, you have to be able to take it to dish it out.

Good luck the rest of the season. Tuff div, very competitive

Ian

Comment Posted by MBender Jan 26, 2008 02:58 PM

"I only take serious critisism from people who've won trophies. My thoughts are ,comming from only being in the league two years now is I think the only reason you haven't won is probably lack of talent. One or two guys just isn't enough come playoffs."

I am reading this and wondering.... are you dissing me as a qb? I hope not, I can get silly if you want and bore everyone who reads this pissing contest (if this is what it is, I still don't know by reading what you wrote if you were trying to put me down) but if you were being sarcastic (never can tell the tone of written banter) anyways it might shock you but just two seasons ago in 2006 I won an outdoor championship, a passing title and two different tournament game mvp's.... you have won what? Gio's best dressed? nuff said

good luck the rest of the way and remember your only as good as your last game.

Marty B
OC #18

Comment Posted by primetime Jan 26, 2008 06:19 PM

I wasn't aware you had won. Congrats.

I was refering to the depth of talent that surounds you, not your ability as a qb. A qb is only as good as there receivers. Keep in mind It was I who seeked you out last year as I have with other notobale qb's this year, trying to surround myself with better talent , for a chance to play at a higher level. I certainly won't be able to run like this forever.

Best dressed, I should hope so, I have more clothes then my wife. I won outdoor and indoor this year as well. Although admittingly, div 4 and 5 championships are only good for lying to the grandchildren later on in life about.

I seek elite titles. Maybe one day we can get a group together and compete for something worth actually writing about.

There's always spring league and outdoor...

Comment Posted by thurston Jan 27, 2008 02:10 AM

You guys are cute.

I see Marty's in Mid Season form. Don't get him started.
As for 30-0, I'm not surprised Nate had 2 TD's. Just sorry we couldn't give him a roster spot like I wanted.

As for Marty not surrounding himself with enough talent, that's B.S. He always puts a talented team on the field.It's just hard when the Avenger/Blazer Nation is in every Div.

Can't wait to play the Hyenas. I guess we'll have to wait for OC.

Hooks!

Thurston

Comment Posted by MBender Jan 28, 2008 06:45 AM

pfft Thurston calling us cute??? Just for the record Gooch told me stories about staying in your room this past year in Regina and how you coo in your sleep and suck your thumb so nevermind about calling others "cute"... (I'm totally Lying - Gooch was far too drunk staggering back to the hotel from Habanos to remember anything about Regina let alone sharing a room with you)

Well thanks for straighting things out Ian, I just have to add one thing - I always have tried to surround myself with the most talented players I could find, just look I have played on the same team as Whitey "Casper" Thurston for the better part of 4 years and I'm trying for a fifth.... I guess that sums it all up - nuff said ;)

Marty B
OC QB#18

Comment Posted by Gooch Jan 28, 2008 04:17 PM

Are you kidding? Despite my drunken stupor, i can remember telling Brett that the velour mattress, though soothing on the skin, was definetly OFF LIMITS and the incessant 'cooing' is in fact, not seductive but down right creepy! lol! I'm still trying to repress the memories of Regina!

BTW, The sound and the fury are taking div 5...yeah right!

Comment Posted by thurston Jan 28, 2008 05:48 PM

Get your story right Gooch. It was a forest green Deluxe Velour Air Mattress and I never heard you complain.

As for Marty "Reginasaurus" Bender, you're in no position to tell Regina stories. I remember hearing about your Hurricanes trip a few years back where ,after eating some Regina clam chowder, you tried seducing your center. Correct me if I'm wrong but, it was so bad he was going to leave and you had to have a team meeting to calm everyone down.

Who's the better roomie now?

Cooo...Cooo

Comment Posted by Alzies Jan 28, 2008 07:07 PM

Yeah Marty has played with some of the best, I was on his team once, lmao

Comment Posted by MBender Jan 29, 2008 01:31 AM

hey if your going to tell the story get it right! - seduction of the center happened before the clam chowder and that local dirty girl I picked up wasn't a Reginasouris, more like a Reginachubby....

yeah Al I was fortunate enough to play a few games with you, have to let you know though there is an exception to every rule :)

Comment Posted by Gooch Jan 29, 2008 12:36 PM

If I would have known Marty's penchant for "the man in the middle", I definetly would not have gone with you guys too Regina! I thought Brett was protecting me from your impending sexual overtures but, after what transpired, i see he just wanted me all to my self! I'm stayin' away from you guys from now on!

Comment Posted by untouchable27 Feb 02, 2008 07:13 AM

I'd hate to change the talk from thurston and gooch's sleeping habits to FOOTBALL, but the OC was on the winning end of introducing the hyenas to div 3 with a convincing 30-0 rout.......tonight the avengers get the opportunity to welcome the untouchables to div 2, anyone care to place a point spread on the game???.....i wont touch that one with a ten foot pole, we have to worry about playing our best, not prognosticating.....looking forward to the challenge though.....

Comment Posted by dmazur Feb 02, 2008 08:14 AM

48- 12

Comment Posted by jkull Feb 02, 2008 09:40 AM

58-0. They like to score.

Comment Posted by dmazur Feb 02, 2008 01:40 PM

Naw the Avengers won't let them get that many

Check the injury report

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com