Forums » General » Last Day at Golfdome?

Messages for Last Day at Golfdome?

Comment Posted by dmazur Feb 03, 2008 07:19 AM

On February 1st, the following events occured that have now possibly placed the league on it's last days.

1.) Sunflower seeds were eaten upstairs, and on the field, and left in nice little piles on the floor, by a team in Red. Team in Red - do not bring in any more "fans" or seeds!!!

2.) Two woman fans of the earlier teams games spilled and broke a bottle of vodka in the upper deck. That team, please do not bring in any more fans ever!!!

3.) Miller Beer cans were found on the West field (they don't sell them at the Golfdome)This was done by a veteran group, and any attempt to repeat this will result in total removal from this league. Any further controversy will result in the same!!!!

4.) Players were loitering in the parking lot following the games, and broke beer bottles and left cans on the lot. (See above)

Therefore, we have received a verbal "last warning." A Written email is anticipated the next business day. So severe was this lack of respect, that the Gofdome imediately applied Consequences last night : Upper deck closed, for the entire evening, bar closed at 1:00pm, more potentially un-co-operative fans tried to gain access to the playing surface, and were told to sit in the spectators area. They co-operated after a lengthly explanation was given.

Teams- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR FANS adhearing to POLICY.

The playing surface is for team personnel,and game personnel who have signed waivers only. Players who play without having signed a waiver are in-eligible. Therefore, if ineligible/illegal, their team will lose automatically. Team reps better get those form in, if any players are not signed up.. Finally and an-unmarked police car was hired to monitor the parking lot at 2:00am. and will continue to be present, on a varied schedule. They have been instructed to investigate any suspected "drinking drivers"

The following teams are now on probation (that means if I, or one of our staff catch a violation of league or golfdome policy or rules,that team will be removed from the league immediately, on the spot, game and season over!!!!)

Steamers, Who Dats, Clip Clops, All-Madmen, Maroons, Morningwood, NDO and Autobots, Prime Time , Fun and Gun,Vick's Trainers and Superteam are now on notice!

We have tentatively identified 3/4 deviants. Could the other team responsible for that last delinquency, please contact me immediately.

I am in the process of consulting on your behalf, with the Dome management to allow us to continue playing. Three teams were removed last season, so I will not hesitate to do so again, if we are granted the opportunity to continue at the Dome.

Failure of that last team to identify itself, may result in the removal of all-non-playing personal from every team (means NO FANS!!!)from the facilty, immediately, or adding a $50.00 surcharge for all teams, to hire a security guard to enforce policy.

It's unfortunate that a few people think they are beyond the rules, and as a result that will result in not only a loss of privledges for them, but all of us.

Would that last team, who broke the policy and rules, please contact me directly, so that not all teams are punished by your "accidental" "un-awareness" of the no outside alcohol, no seeds, no Miller beer cans and no smashing bottles and littering cans in the parking lot" policy.

Obviously, those of us that want to play Indoor Winter football like and respect the rules. I would hope the majority of teams and players and their" fans would feel the same.

Would those teams or anyone with information on the above incidents, please contact me directly via email, so the innocent are not painted with the same brush. This is a regrettable situation, however, disrespectful people are not needed! So fess up!

Hopefully, we'll be able to still play in the Golfdome?

Your anticipated co-operation is appreciated

Comment Posted by wiggum Feb 03, 2008 03:55 PM

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Amazing how brutally disrespectful some people can be.

Comment Posted by jkull Feb 03, 2008 05:58 PM

Indeed. Nothing worse than playing the 12:30 game on Saturday and not being able to get a beer afterwards, or even get to the vendor on time.

Way to ruin a good thing losers.

Comment Posted by jkull Feb 03, 2008 06:00 PM

Indeed. Nothing worse than playing the 12:30 game on Saturday and not being able to get a beer afterwards, or even get to the vendor on time.

Way to ruin a good thing losers.

Comment Posted by platinum Feb 04, 2008 12:53 PM

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I can't believe that people are willing to destroy the entire league just because they are too lazy (or stupid) to think logically about the actions that they take. People like them should be removed from the league and sent to soem classes where they learn a little thing called respect. I hope we find these fools so that the rest of us can continue to play the game we love.

Comment Posted by maroon09 Feb 04, 2008 01:02 PM

Ok Mr Mazur, I have already talked to you in person, but I want everyone around the league to know how sorry The Maroons are: I take full responsibility for my fans actions. the Maroon players cannot really control what the fans are doing while we are playing a game, So i'll take the heat for this. Sorry Everyone. I guarantee this will never happen again.
Jessie Clarke
Maroons QB

Comment Posted by premier_big_man Feb 04, 2008 03:15 PM

It nice to see someone step up and take some blame. Kudos to you Jessie but maybe ask your fans to stay home.

Comment Posted by premier_big_man Feb 04, 2008 03:18 PM

Well at least Jessie stepped up and took some heat. Jessie I suggest you ask the fans to stay home. I personally enjoy the league and would be super pissed if it was taken away from me and my teammates. Not to mention the loss of money this would cause to everyone in the league. If you see someone who is not following the rules let them know they are screwing it up for all of us. If you say nothing you really are no better than the offenders.

Darren Bishop
Rhino's

Comment Posted by dmazur Feb 04, 2008 04:09 PM

Mr. Clarke

I appreciate your character and leadership. Thanks for demonstrating it once again! Thanks for stepping up. We all got to live by the dome rules. Thanks

Comment Posted by platinum Feb 16, 2008 08:10 AM

Mr.Clarke

Good job man ... ur an inspiration to us all!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com