Forums » General » 2008 note

Messages for 2008 note

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 22, 2008 05:26 AM

Howdy folks,

FYI,

I usually get the schedule out by Wednesday. Usually to the team contacts. This year has been interesting. A couple of out of town dudes and real mis-communication, has delayed my attempts to get er done.

Not to worry though, I still anticipate getting it done by Wednesday evening.

The 4 and 5th divs will be seeing action this first weekend. Stay tuned.

Comment Posted by wiggum Jan 22, 2008 05:29 AM

Can you put the Wanderers game on Friday night please?

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 22, 2008 06:14 AM

Requests were due last Friday.

Comment Posted by wiggum Jan 22, 2008 06:42 AM

In other words we're playing saturday?

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 22, 2008 02:53 PM

Don't know. At this point teams are just a number, in the complex system of League scheduling. Requests from before Friday are noted and scheduled for the most part, as team's requested, with their on time registration and payment!!!!!. Then it goes to the computer, to switch the numbers, to names.

There is a reason requests and registration is due by a certain date. That is, that's when the requests based on what was submitted, is entered and the schedule made.

At some point the schedule is made. It is ludicrous to make a schedule and then keep on changing a schedule. That won't be done.

You have had a month to figure out what days you wanted off. Those were to be submitted. If it wasn't then that's your team's error. Cruel and harsh, huh! (NO Survival!!)

Once the schedule for the teams is made, they have to be contacted , and verified they know they play. At the same time refs have to be assigned and verified. During that time all teams games are checked to see that they get the required number of games. Then, the schedule is checked once again to see if requests submitted have been granted. That is for 51 teams (New record) x 5 games each. That is 51 x 5 = ?. Then the schedule is sent to the webmaster, and all the team reps.

Not sure about you, but I am out of breath just typing the procedure into this post.

Then, I have to contact the team reps who do not get back to me, even though I ask them to email confirmation of receipt of schedule.

Then, there are the emails that state that I errored and did not give the team their paid requested extra date(s) off. Then I have to correct the schedule,and re-send out an amended schedule to the reps, the Web master, and again verify with those that don't confirm with me the changes.

Once that is done, I can look at your "5 day late" request.

As I said in the original post. Div 5 I believe is playing Friday, Div 4 Saturday. (Off hand I don't know what div Wanderers are in.)
If I can find it before the computer gets it, I can try and switch with someone else. I will check!! :)

Comment Posted by wiggum Jan 22, 2008 04:20 PM

Could you please. ;)

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 22, 2008 05:43 PM

I'll work on it!

Comment Posted by harris17 Jan 23, 2008 01:00 PM

well i'm a team rep and i haven't received anything yet, i'm on the div five hillbillies and would like to know if i play as well. i hope the schedule gets out before friday. i would hate to miss a game.

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 23, 2008 04:24 PM

Hmmm,

Wednesday ain't over country hillbillie boy!

and yes,the web master has the schedule, and he is posting it as we speak.... Should be up in an hour, so says he

I told ya I'd have it done,and it is.

Thanks,

Good luck to all

Each team should have 5 games.
All requests were attempted to be met.

I'd ask that all team reps email verification of getting their schedule.
Also check the schedule frequently for modifications, especially during the first few weeks.

Any questions. fire me an email.

Other than that, let's getready to roll. Action starts on Friday.

Start picking your one on one guys for the 2 on 2 tournament. get those girls ready for the Co-ed, and we can play football 46 weeks of the year!

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jan 23, 2008 06:04 PM

Schedule is up. I recommend all teams double check that they have 5 games. Any issues can be directed to Mr. Mazur.

good luck to all this season.

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 23, 2008 06:38 PM

Thanks MJ!!

Comment Posted by melvin Jan 24, 2008 09:52 AM

I just checked and there is no schedule up for the Maniax on my computer. I have not received any schedules on my team rep email as well.If we play we gotta know. Thanks Darrell.

Mel

Comment Posted by melvin Jan 24, 2008 10:06 AM

False alarm. Everything is up and working fine. Except that when you click on the default 'My Schedule' nothing comes up. Thats why I thought the schedule was not up the first time around.By the way Darrell an excellent job of scheduling and good work on the web site JaMarcus.

Mel

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com