Forums » General » Playoffs

Messages for Playoffs

Comment Posted by dmazur Mar 31, 2007 10:53 PM

Wow ! What a crazy league.

2nd Div still has 8 teams eligible to make the playoffs!!! 8 of 8. That's what I call parity.

Elite Division saw the Assassins and Avengers finish with 4 -1 records. The tie breaker between teams tied in the standings is the record between the two teams in head to headmatch ups. In their only game, the Assassins scored a dramatic come from behind victory on the last play of the game to win 37-30.

Wow!

OK so the Assassins get 1st and the Avengers get 2nd.

3rd Div - No D finished first, Team Stegall finsihed 2nd, Nun wood and the Untouchables finished tied for third/fourth.

Therefore 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3, would see (# 1)No D vs (#4) and (# 2)Team Stegall vs (# 3) Therefore a convert Playoff between Nun wood nd theUntouchables to determine 3rd and fourth

4th Divison saw the Tittsburgh Feelers and Beez 2 finish with 10 points, therefore they get a bye into the second round of the playoffs, but since they are tied, and did notplay each other a convert [playoff to decide 1st and 2nd will be held before their first playoff games.

The Thumpers finished 3rd and The Throwbacks and the Assassin legends finished tied in the standings with 8 points. Therefore the tie breaker to decide 3rd, 4 and 5th is convert playoffs before their first playoff games. However, as the first playoff game in that division is 4th vs 5th, they may decide to forgoe a 4th vs 5th tie breaker, as they play each other regardless.
Finishing 6th are the Steamers. Therefore, (# 3) vs. (# 6)Steamers

The winners of the 3 vs 6, and 4 vs 5 will advance to play the top two teams.

The number one team (as a result of the convert playoff)will play the lowest surviving seeded team. The remaining two teams will playoff (# 2)vs second lowest seeded team.

In the new Team Division, HFC and FaceKick finished tied for first place with 5 - 0 records, and North End Ninjas and the Maroons finished tied for 3rd. However, the NE Ninjas get 3rd spot as a result of their 19 - 18 come from behind victory over the Maroons.

Therefore,a convert playoff between HFC and Face Kick to decide places # 1 and # 2 must occur before the New team playoffs.

The winning team will earn #1 and play the Maroons, while the losing team of the convert playoff will finish 2nd, and play the (# 3)NE Ninjas.

All teams involved in the convert playoff will playoff immediately before their division playoff. If any team wants to waive their convert playoff, and take the lower spot, they may do so.

The convert Playoff will see each team receive three tries to score, a convert from either the 5 or 10 yard line. Teams will alternate chances. The team with the highest point total, will receive the win. If tied after the first three tries, alternating convert attempts will be given, with the team scoring the most points after each team has had a chance, will receive the victory.

A coin toss will determine who has choice of going first on offence or defence.

OK, thanks to Karen's special coffee, I think I have it. There it is,and it's not even 4:00am.

Comment Posted by ziggy75 Apr 01, 2007 06:07 AM

how did the thumpers finish 3rd? it says they finished with a 4-1 record ad well as the throwbacks and we didn't play them?

Comment Posted by Sel Apr 01, 2007 08:13 AM

hmmm, I thought The Untouchables won the coin toss making it Nunwood vs NoD and Untouchables vs Team Stegall.

Comment Posted by dmazur Apr 01, 2007 08:37 AM

I must have missed something......damn.

Are you saying the Thumpers and Throwbacks were tied?

Sel.....coin toss???? c'mon.

Do I have togo back and re-check this???

More coffee.....damn

Comment Posted by dmazur Apr 01, 2007 08:50 AM

OK OK

I did re-do that Thumpers, Throwbacks and Legends thing...Looks like a 3 way convert play=off thing. Thanks for pointing that out!!

"4th Divison saw the Tittsburgh Feelers and Beez 2 finish with 10 points, therefore they get a bye into the second round of the playoffs, but since they are tied, and did notplay each other a convert [playoff to decide 1st and 2nd will be held before their first playoff games.

The Thumpers finished 3rd and The Throwbacks and the Assassin legends finished tied in the standings with 8 points. Therefore the tie breaker to decide 3rd, 4 and 5th is convert playoffs before their first playoff games. However, as the first playoff game in that division is 4th vs 5th, they may decide to forgoe a 4th vs 5th tie breaker, as they play each other regardless.
Finishing 6th are the Steamers. Therefore, (# 3) vs. (# 6)Steamers

The winners of the 3 vs 6, and 4 vs 5 will advance to play the top two teams.

The number one team (as a result of the convert playoff)will play the lowest surviving seeded team. The remaining two teams will playoff (# 2)vs second lowest seeded team."

Comment Posted by dmazur Apr 01, 2007 09:00 AM

OK yup Nunwood and the Untouchables needa convert play-off also to determine 3rd and 4th.

I changed the original post, to this,

"3rd Div - No D finished first, Team Stegall finished 2nd, Nun wood and the Untouchables finished tied for third/fourth.

Therefore 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3, would see (# 1)No D vs (#4) and (# 2)Team Stegall vs (# 3) Therefore a convert Playoff between Nunwood and the Untouchables to determine 3rd and fourth."

Thanks for the corrections!!

Comment Posted by rsr55 Apr 01, 2007 10:08 AM

The Untouchables and Nunwood have decided to skip the convert playoff. The team reps did a coin flip and Untouchables won. So the seedings are (No D vs Nunwood) (Team Stegall vs Untouchables. Is this cool with you Mr Mazur?

Shawn (Team Rep)
Untouchables

Comment Posted by azneer Apr 01, 2007 11:21 AM

Regarding the New Team division...

Shouldn't HFC finish in 1st place because the points for/against ratio is better than that of Face Kick's? Just wondering.

Comment Posted by dmazur Apr 01, 2007 12:34 PM

I know nothing of any coin flip. If the team reps have done this they should email me individually.

Regarding any division...
Points for and against/ratio is not a criteria for deciding who is better. One team may have played 5 teams with losing records, while the other played all playoff teams. That rationale has never applied in an un balanced schedule, in this league, for that very reason.

Converts or flip a coin(which teams have elected to do)

Comment Posted by ziggy75 Apr 01, 2007 04:58 PM

yeah we been down this road before (points for and against), but this time it was made aware at the begining of the season how the tie breaker will work,converts it is....

so in div 4 one round robin of converts and game on best overall points in all games?(thats faster than best record) whats the diff? we all make the playoffs anyways it only matters who finishes 3rd.

Comment Posted by revans Apr 01, 2007 04:59 PM

What are the dates of playoffs?

Comment Posted by dmazur Apr 01, 2007 05:02 PM

You are kidding, right?

Perhaps check the schedule under "playoffs"

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com