Forums » General » Wishful Thinking.

Messages for Wishful Thinking.

Comment Posted by TheChampIsHere24 Feb 06, 2009 03:42 PM

Just noticed that the Upcoming Events higlighted February 6th as the beginning of the season.
I also noticed that the schedule isn't up yet, and therefore we won't be playing this weekend???

Just wondering when it will be finalized.

(Sorry Mr. Mazur, my teammates have been calling me non-stop asking if we're playing this weekend.)

Comment Posted by dmazur Feb 07, 2009 05:34 AM

I believe I have recently told everyone we would be playing the weekend of the 13th/14th, partially due to the Dome needing this Saturday for another event.

Schedule soon to follow.

Thanks

Comment Posted by Buzerk Feb 09, 2009 01:50 PM

So I'm hearing the league starts on the 21st? and all the teams are combined?

Comment Posted by Trav Feb 09, 2009 06:56 PM

I'd really like to know when these games start.. I'm off to Cuba Saturday for a week..

Comment Posted by dmazur Feb 10, 2009 04:36 PM

I have emailed all team reps, refs and Golfdome with the schedule/dates for their inspection, and could have it available shortly.

The teams play a round robin(partial) interlocking interdivisional play. For the Playoffs, they break up into two divisions, as posted on the website. All teams make the playoffs except the last place team.

The schedule does start on the 21st, as per team, ref and Golfdome requests.

Comment Posted by TheChampIsHere24 Feb 11, 2009 10:30 AM

In other words... The Top Division final will be Assassin Legends vs. Getcha Popcorn Ready!

I'm stoked!

Comment Posted by dmazur Feb 11, 2009 04:54 PM

Sure, unless someone wants to set up a "challenge" match. :)

Comment Posted by JJ11 Feb 13, 2009 10:54 AM

How come there isn't just one div. does everyone else know already that they can't compete with G.Y.P.R and assassin legends.

Comment Posted by Buzerk Feb 13, 2009 04:20 PM

i for one am excited to play these elite teams, may get beatdown, may not...worth the experiance tho

Comment Posted by dmazur Feb 15, 2009 07:01 AM

We had one divison last session, and there seemed to be a definite division between some of the teams. Therefore, to provide for a more "enjoyable?" outcome, some of the teams suggested a seperate divison. (We had a couple teams not quite get their players and fees together, otherwise we would have ha a few more in the "upper" division.)

Although teams play a random schedule, so teams will still get a crack at Asslegs and GYPR, the divsional split, allows more teams to qualify for play-off vs. more equal competition. (only one team is eliminated) Plus teams get more playing opportunity for their dollar. Hopefully, everyone will enjoy the extra games?

Just a further note,...If teams wanted to compete against the GYPR and Asslegs, they could have certainly signed up in that division. (Team reps have the ability to sign up where they want, and compete at whatever level THEY choose) However, like I mentioned, if at the end of the playoffs someone wants to challenge either the Asslegs or GYPR, it can certainly be arranged.

Comment Posted by JJ11 Feb 15, 2009 03:08 PM

I like that idea of an extra game. It would be like the division champs going into an indoor superbowl

Comment Posted by dmazur Feb 15, 2009 09:43 PM

Write on!

Comment Posted by Buzerk Feb 17, 2009 05:59 AM

so when will we see actually schedules on the site?

Comment Posted by dmazur Feb 18, 2009 06:55 PM

Workin on it.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com