Forums » General » Div 4 Final standings

Messages for Div 4 Final standings

Comment Posted by dmazur Apr 12, 2008 09:58 AM

Game cards just in.

Tied for First - Darkness and Fun and Gun Convert Playoff before regular playoff game
Three teams tied at 8 points use the whobeat who to determine standings

3rd Titans 8 points
4th Assassin legends 8 -points (Assassin legends lost to Titans)
5th - maniax - (lost to Assassin legends)

Comment Posted by thersak08 Apr 12, 2008 11:01 AM

HI Darell

We Did Not Play the Titans in Head to Head Competition. How is it fair to place us at 5th.

1.) Who beat who. If two teams are tied with each other, the determining factor of who gets the higher rank, is the winner of the games between the two tied teams. If there is no game played between the two teams, then it goes to convert play off

Comment Posted by dmazur Apr 12, 2008 11:51 AM

OK see ya next week You play the Titans in the convert playoff. Yo'll have to win to stay alive

Comment Posted by melvin Apr 12, 2008 11:52 AM

We were told by officials on the night of our loss to Legends that with the 3 way tie for the final 2 spots it would be a shoot out to determine the 3rd and 4th spots.Our team name was even shaded in that we would qualify for at least a shootout prior to our game against the Legends. You even said all along in your posts that that was the only fair way to do it We never had a chance to play the Titans and we only lost by 2 points in our only loss of the year to Legends while the Legends lost by 9 points to Titans.It is not fair to eliminate our team from the shoot out as we are in a 3 way tie and have not played the Titans. You always said there would be a shootout if more than 2 teams were tied and had not all played each other. We deserve a shoot out.Our players busted their butts all season and deserve to have a chance in the shoot out. Losing 1 game by 2 points and being unilaterally declared 5th place in a 3 way tie is not right or fair.Please talk to Cliff about this. Thanks .

Mel

Comment Posted by dmazur Apr 12, 2008 12:34 PM

Mel, You break me up!

I already liked your son's logic, because he reminded me of what I said earlier. Now I'll say it to you.

Mel," OK see ya next week You play the Titans in the convert playoff. Yo'll have to win to stay alive."

Cliff do ya wanna talk about this? Better yet have you booked Montreal and the Delta? Rob's apparently on it also. I just noticed that the NHL stays at one of those Marriotts. Brett any ideas?

Comment Posted by thersak08 Apr 12, 2008 12:49 PM

My dad is at work....but sends his apologizes for putting up the last post.

Thank you,

Todd

Comment Posted by dmazur Apr 12, 2008 01:44 PM

Todd,

I love your dad. He always has the game's best interests at heart. I thank you for reminding me that the big M and the Titans didn't play, so determining who would have won, is anyone's guess. See ya atthe convert playoff, and whose bringin the WTFL money down on Monday? You or your dad?

Thanks for the reminder!

Comment Posted by #00 Apr 12, 2008 02:05 PM

Huh? how did I get dragged into this? What do I care Darkness is in...we should just flip a coin with F n G tho...my opinion. I cant make those exec decisions. Thats up to Randy Steinbrenner et al.

Delta...yeah...gotta book it now...sorry...just booked Kingston flights for me and the colonel....Montreal comin up...whoo eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment Posted by melvin Apr 12, 2008 03:28 PM

Hi Darrell,

Oops sorry for being trigger happy and over reacting just a tad. Thanks for looking after this. I got caught up between posts. And Cliff just happened to be at that game and we all value his experience and opinions when it comes to tie breakers and such. Todd and I will both be bringing the loot on Monday. You don't really want cash do you ? I would imagine certified cheques and money orders are a bit safer for all involved.By the way is it neccessary to have all waivers handed in or could they be mailed say a week prior to start of season. We won't be seeing many of our team guys until later next week at Dome.

I predict there will be a final rush of teams registering and we will end up with about 70 teams. What do you predict ?

Comment Posted by dmazur Apr 12, 2008 04:18 PM

Predict about 67.

Certified cheque or money order... NO cash. Too hard to keep track of...you are correct! That's for the membesrships protection.

I am not sure on the stipulation on waivers. I would check the home page. You definitley have to have the correct amount of guys signed on the web page. Performance bonds and the fees for the insurance, and stadium games if you are so inclined.

Too many teams burned us with defaults last year,so we have to react.

Comment Posted by bdawkins Apr 13, 2008 06:17 AM

I would assume that the assassin legends would be in that convert battle too, and not just the titans and maniax. You told me one night that if three teams were tied for one or two playoff spots they would all go to converts. Also when would the converet battle be.

Comment Posted by dmazur Apr 13, 2008 09:50 AM

Yup Legends won their last game and got in accordingto the scorecards.

Al convert games preceed the reguar play-off game.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com