Forums » General » Tie Breaker

Messages for Tie Breaker

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 14, 2007 07:21 AM

How's this for an idea.

After watching the Avengers and Avengers 3 team after one night at the dome play one on one for about 10 minutes, I have this idea.

How about we do a "shootout" like the NHL?

Each team could pick three receivers to take part in a one on one with the DB/Receiver.

Each offensive "team" would require a QB and a centre.

While the defence would require a DB, and a rusher.

The Rusher would not have to tag the QB, only run by him. The principle idea here is that the QB would have @ 2 - 2.5 seconds to throw. The offensive centre who can fire the ball back would be critical.

The idea would be have the DB and receiver go one on one. The DB would have to play man coverage no more than 10 yards off.

What we would be looking for is the"homerun" play the bomb for a score.

After three receivers it would be one each until a winner was found.

What do ya think?

or how about a tournament? $10.00/guy (Receiver/ DB)
What do ya think?

Comment Posted by premier_big_man Jan 14, 2007 12:56 PM

I like the idea. Not that I would be involved but it certainly would be exciting to watch.

Comment Posted by szakacs Jan 14, 2007 04:06 PM

Sounds kinda interesting.

I think you'd have a tough time reffing when the rusher has "passed" the QB. If you have to score on this play, the QB needs a little time, so there would be a LOT of close calls. Its nowhere as concrete as a tag. But then if its a tag, you give teams with a mobile QB a huge advantage.

Comment Posted by damianm Jan 16, 2007 10:11 AM

I kind of like the idea.
You do it from the 10-15 yard line.
You would have to switch up the DB and Receiver every play. The rusher should be able to tag the QB.

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 16, 2007 11:00 AM

No For Gods ask we don't want the QB deeking the rusher and making the DB cover for 10 seonds. That's unrealistic.

The goal would be tohave the QB have the amount of time he usually does. This isn't about Jeff Kull running around for 5 minutes.

It's about the skill, and deception and raw physical ability of the mano - o - mano. The crafty god like receiver, vs the anmalistic, tenacious killing machine, DB.

If ya want to play tag, go to.....I don't know where do they play tag??

And I am thinking center field., at least. We want some artistic integrity. We want that sense of anticipation of seeing the god like creature receiver gliiiiide under that long dart like missile...

Damn this does sound good.

We gotta do a tourney. 3 guys /team $ 30.00 3 tries each =game. Round robin. Winners get the prize money.

We'll shedule for the easter Break weekend, and open it up to the world!!!!

Comment Posted by Matty Jan 17, 2007 09:40 AM

Tim Shea, Chris Matheson, Dave Donaldson

Think I can talk them into it : )

Chris Matheson

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 17, 2007 02:28 PM

You need some fast guys.

Oh did you mean for the over 35 division? Yeah that would be good.

Comment Posted by Matty Jan 18, 2007 04:52 AM

why do you need fast guys when defenders are running to the wrong side of the field : )

Comment Posted by Matty Jan 18, 2007 04:57 AM

You should be able to edit posts on this site...

It's funny how two of the fastest guys that have ever been in this league get no respect as they age : )...and we arent quite 35 yet Darrell. Give us another 8 and 12 months respectfully.

/salute

Chris

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 18, 2007 04:57 PM

Shoot,I WAS just joking. Are you and DD really that OLD???I thought you were both around 31!

Wow! You guys ARE fast for old guys!!!

:) heh! heh!

OK,... and with the 1 on 1, Tourney, we will add the fatest man!!!

1 on 1 tourney April 20th

We gotta do a tourney. 3 guys /team $ 60.00. 3 tries each = game. Round robin. Winners get the prize money.

Comment Posted by bb1 Jan 19, 2007 03:00 AM

i'm in

Comment Posted by jkull Jan 19, 2007 05:23 AM

I could probably get a few guys together for this

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 19, 2007 05:52 AM

OK I'll take the 1st 50 teams of 3 that enter.

Comment Posted by bb1 Jan 19, 2007 06:04 AM

I want a peice of kull. I'll take him deep, short and side to side. We will see if his game can back his mouth.

Comment Posted by jkull Jan 19, 2007 06:51 AM

Hey BB, remember 4.2 speed kills. You've got nothing on me :)

Unless you want to play on my team that is.

Comment Posted by marcus Jan 19, 2007 07:18 AM

Woah bb1, this site is supposed to be pg-13. What's this "take him deep" stuff and what he can do with mouth talk.

Keep it clean boys!

:)

Comment Posted by dmazur Jan 19, 2007 08:00 AM

rrrrrr!

I love this football talk!!!

"cream him!!!

eh how's that!!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com